Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Unauthorized use of domain
May 9, 2007, 3:15 pm
rate this thread
A couple of days ago I bought a new domain name. I haven't had a
chance to do anything about it yet, but on a whim just a few seconds
ago I went to that domain.
Since I have nothing there I should have got a blank page, right?
Instead, I get a bunch of "Sponsored Ads", and its a whole page of
advertising related to the name of my domain.
How can this be? If it's my domain advertisers don't have the right to
put up this crap - they shouldn't even have access to it, should
Re: Unauthorized use of domain
Each registrar is different for how they handle this.
- have a page that says "page not found" (you haven't uploaded anything)
- have a page that says "this domain for sale" by default
- have a page that shows a bunch of ads
- have a page that says "COMING SOON!"
- have a page that just lists the URL
- have a page that says an error message, IE: "Site not found, if you are
the webmaster please contact..."
The easy solution is to just put something up there... even if its a blank
page or your own "COMING SOON" or "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" page