Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Truncated requests on server error log
June 13, 2006, 3:11 am
rate this thread
I've been noticing a pattern on file not found errors: the request is
being truncated after 48 characters, as in:
The Referer is always empty. This happens several times every day, from
many unique IP addresses.
I thought it might be a server problem until we switched servers, and
the problem continued.
I've maintained this site for years, and never experienced this until
the past few months. I'm stumped. Any ideas?
Re: Truncated requests on server error log
I cannot explain it, but I have been seeing something very similar for
the last few months, with a consistent but different cutoff point.
Mine are truncated to 47 characters, including http://.
This is on an Apache server from Valueweb.
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)
- » What's best when a .com domain name is already taken?
- — Previous thread in » Webmaster Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum