Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
January 13, 2009, 7:19 pm
rate this thread
Can anyone recommend a web hosting company/ISP, for a small "brochure-
We dont need anything fancy. Price is NOT particularly important, but
customer service is.
We will need:
- c.10MB of webspace
- FTP access
- about 3 or 4 domains hosted (all redirecting to one main domain
- Basic summary of web access logs
- about 10 Email addresses (no need for POP3 - just redirecting is
- It won't get much traffic (so presumably a shared server is fine)
- We wont have many pages (probably 10 to no more than 50)
- Those pages wont be particularly long or graphic heavy
- 100% up-time reliabilty isnt critical
- But good, fast customer service IS important to us.
- We wont need e-commerce nor anything fancy later
(even a contact us form is unlikely)
- Basic functionality (e.g. setting up email fowarding probably
needs to be able to be adjusted by us manually online.)
- Security not particularly important
- Any recommendations?
P.S. My client is UK based as will be most of the audience. (But does
this matter... ? )
Re: Recommend a web hosting company - for a small "brochure-ware" website ?
Security should always be important, but I gather you just mean that
you're not concerned with a company that adds a lot of extra features
in that regard as a sales pitch. Essentially all of your requirements
meet almost every hosting provider out there. Your site is very
friendly in terms of requirements a web host would offer. I don't
think you'll have a problem at all finding a decent host. Do you have
any platform requirements or anything at all? If not, you definitely
have a very wide range of choices.
It shouldn't matter. Sometimes using a provider based in the same
country or region can result in speedier response times, but it's
usually not by enough to matter, and any good provide with a good
connection and you'd not notice any problems in that regard. It's only
an issue if there's a poor connection, and then it wouldn't matter what
country/region the servers were located.
Tim Greer, CEO/Founder/CTO, BurlyHost.com, Inc.
Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers
and Custom Hosting. 24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.
Industry's most experienced staff! -- Web Hosting With Muscle!
- » How can I learn automatically when my I. P. address changes?
- — Next thread in » Webmaster Forum