Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Port 80 / 81 hell
June 8, 2005, 7:26 am
rate this thread
Im hoping someone in this group can point me in the right direction here. I
have a customer that I need to have access a site which is set up for them,
that resides on a third party server (and I need to leave that site on this
third party server as it runs a number of servers I need to make that site
function properly, for the time being at least).
The customer's network, however, is set such that they cannot get port 80
access out. My problem is that the third party site will only allow http on
However, I have another Apache server running, that I COULD set up for port
81. Can anyone see a way around my dilemma here? Can I somehow have it so
that the customer access my apache server on port 81 as an intermideiary
(somehow) to the third party, port 80 server? Thanks, Ike
- » looking for host where we can run a custom spam filter
- — Next thread in » Webmaster Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum