Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- phpwebhosting.com and theplanet.com
August 31, 2005, 3:01 pm
rate this thread
Can someone tell me if and how phpwebhosting.com and theplanet.com are
affilaited with each other?
One of my friends has been using phpwebhosting for a while and all of a
sudden this year he can't send email to my personal server. I figured
out that it is because phpwebhosting.com is now using an IP block that
is (or was) owned by theplanet.com which of course my spamlist blocks
all of that nasty crap.
Did one of these companies buy out or merge with the other? How else
could they have gotten theplanet.com IP addresses?
Re: phpwebhosting.com and theplanet.com
Writing in news:alt.www.webmaster
From the safety of the http://groups.google.com cafeteria
Do your mail logs confirm this or are you guessing?
AIUI theplanet is a large host managing many types of service at their
datacentres - if I'm right, any number of businesses could be using their
btw: blocking by IP will always generate this type of issue (eventually)
- » looking for host where we can run a custom spam filter
- — Next thread in » Webmaster Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum