Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
January 25, 2006, 5:07 pm
rate this thread
I need a PHP super-god for some freelance work for my dayjob. (Did that
make any sense?)
Anyway, we need someone experienced with parsing XML with PHP to take
over some code used to synchronize two databases - one that is in
FoxPro and one that is in MySQL.
Both databases have COMPLETELY difference schema.
The current programming does the following TO MySQL
- takes a series of XML files generated by the FoxPro-driven system
- parses them, and inserts them into MySQL
On the other site, it does the following FROM MySQL
- looks for updated records
- writes a series of XML files with the changed records
- the files are then used to update the FoxPro system
This would be an ongoing gig, to maintain, troubleshoot, and make
The FoxPro database is a mess, and a large amount of this programming
was created to make the MySQL database compensate for the often poorly
handled data in the FoxPro system.
This is a challenging opportunity. If you want to know more, email me