Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
June 9, 2006, 4:32 pm
rate this thread
I am doing some research on integrating Geographic Information Systems
and Content Management Systems. I would like to make it easier for any
one to use GIS on a website with a variety of web applications (web
links, forums, News, RSS Aggregators, later: photo albums, Wordpress).
I am testing out a site on the web.
- Sorry but I couldn't get the international dataset to work :( That
will be at a later date on another site.
- I hope to release it open-source later, :) but right now, the code is
not in very good shape.
Here is the site:
- Enter a location with your news, link, or other item and it shows up
on on map.
- Notifications can now be set up to inform you of things within a
certain number of miles from a given location
- GeoRSS feeds that tell you where an item is.
- Show items nearby any US city or point.
- Add a map "block" to any page.
- Location based Search
There's not a lot of content there now.. But, any comments are