Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- joe tomson
March 24, 2006, 3:43 am
rate this thread
I found a good network management software -IPMaster, recommend it to
you. You can download this software at http://www.softsession.com
IPMaster is a IP address management software. It provides visual IP
address assignment(network topology tree), automatic subnet calculator,
mask calculation, subnetting, network segment scanning, host
monitoring, ping, traceroute, telnet, and netsend etc. It supports
VLSM( Variable Length Subnet Masks) and CIDR( Classless Inter-Domain
Routing). The purpose of this software is to assign and manage IP
address efficiently for enterprise network.
Key features of IPMaster:
1. Visual IP address management function. The whole interface is
divided into three parts: the left part is network topology tree,
display subnet hierarchy, right part is the content of subnet, the
bottom part is tip message area.
2. Automatic subnetting function. The system provides automatic subnet
calculator, at the sub-divisible subnet node, input "Amount of
Subnets", "Hosts in each Subnet" or "Subnet Mask", the system will
generate child subnet under the target subnet automatically.
3. Manual subnetting function. The system provides manual subnet
calculator, at the sub-divisible subnet node, input "IP address",
"subnet mask", the system will generate a designated child subnet under
the target subnet.
4. Relevant function of host. The system provide functions such as
ping, traceroute, telnet, net send etc.
5. Scan function. The host name, MAC address and user name of all hosts
in the target subnet can be getted automatically.
6. Monitoring function. The system can monitor the running status of
the monitored host, when the host is shutdown, the tip message area
would warn by red hints.
7. Search function, the user can search relevant message in the IP
address management library by subnet ID, host IP or name.
8. Output function, all the information in the IP address management
library can be output to a Excel file.