Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Does subdomain forward with domain?
- Bob Jones
October 4, 2007, 4:08 am
rate this thread
Re: Does subdomain forward with domain?
If by "forward" you mean a web-based redirect, then yes. If you mean a
DNS alias (CNAME), then no.
If by "forward" you mean a web-based redirect, then no. If you mean a
DNS alias (CNAME), then yes.
It's probably worth pointing out here, though, that there's no
standard definition for the term "forward" in this context. It's just
a marketing term used by hosting companies, and they don't all use it
in the same way. So you can't really get a sensible anser to this
question in an open forum without first specifying which hosting
company you're using.
http://www.BritishSurnames.co.uk - What does your surname say about you?
"Look at the stars; look how they shine for you"
- » It does not look good for Target. Web Accessibility news
- — Next thread in » Webmaster Forum
- » UNIX shared-server web hosting allowing command line interface
- — Previous thread in » Webmaster Forum