Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Content Management on per user basis
June 22, 2008, 11:38 pm
rate this thread
I'm working on a website that will have multiple users contributing to
it in very restricted ways. The outline and requirements are as
1) The website is created from a base template.
2) Each user will have a set of pages which they will have limited
3) Individual users can only edit portions of the set of pages that
they have limited control over. This is limited to text entry in
allowed areas and images placed into allowed areas.
4) Editing is done to the pages within the browser using a WYSIWYG
editor (after the owning user has logged into the site)
5) Admins can edit all pages.
6) Visitors do see not any login windows, only a clean website.
7) Needs to be Apache compatible, would like to use PHP & MYSQL
As not only the webmaster but the server admin I am trying to find a
software solution to provide these services. I know there are several
CMS out there (Drupal, Mambo ect.) but I cannot find one that meets
all the site requirements. Does anyone know of a server-side software
solution that meets these requirements?
Server Software installed currently:
Thanks in advance.
Re: Content Management on per user basis
I don't know of any stock CMS which will do just what you want.
However, I guess on most of them you could modify some pages to have the
info you want, then include what the pages others can edit. It will
take a little knowledge of the internals of the CMS, but shouldn't be
Remove the "x" from my email address
JDS Computer Training Corp.
- — Next thread in » Webmaster Forum
- » Do you like to play with PC applications before they are released ?
- — Previous thread in » Webmaster Forum