Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Anyone Using Mod URI::rsync?
- David Cary Hart
June 3, 2006, 5:49 pm
rate this thread
I am having trouble finding a host that provides rsync. Some provide
this mod but the cpan package is without documentation. Does this
enable rsync? I need to sync local files TO the host's server.
I am probably going to end up on dedicated but wanted to explore the
Displayed Email Address is a SPAM TRAP
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
Multi-RBL Check: http://www.TQMcube.com/rblcheck.php
The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php
Re: Anyone Using Mod URI::rsync?
You don't need any particular Perl module to use rsync. Just make sure
rsync is installed at both ends and then run (from either end):
rsync -vvr SRC DEST
where SRC and DEST are your source and destination. Rsync doesn't need to
be installed as a service at either end -- you just need to make sure it's
available in a directory that's in your PATH.
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Contact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact
- » THE WORLD'S HIGHEST PAYING ADULT SHOPPING AFFILIATE PROGRAM!
- — Previous thread in » Webmaster Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum