Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Warren Post
March 27, 2012, 4:13 pm
rate this thread
(create, delete, etc.). He is by no means technically adept and I fear =
chaos would result if I were to simply give him the host's administrativ=
panel password. I don't believe it is possible for me to give him access=
to only mail account administration with the current host, but does anyo=
know of a host where that is possible? Or any other way to address this =
The client of course has every right to have and use the administrative =
panel password. His money, his account. I'm just looking for a way to =
protect him from himself.
Warren PostB7 New Media Cop=C3=A1n
Re: Allowing client to directly administer mail accounts
I don't have the knowledge to do this myself, but I have seen others write
a CGI interface to a shell script to manage POP accounts and aliases. If
there isn't something already out there in the open source world (which I'd
be surprised if there wasn't), I'm sure you could get a decent coder to do
such an interface for you for a couple of hundred bucks, at most. (Heck,
the way programming rates have dropped over the years, you could probably
get it done for a *lot* less)
- » Dreamhost down AGAIN. Any recommendations for something better?
- — Previous thread in » Webmaster Forum
- » Cyprus Oak Luxurious 2 & 3 Bhk Apartments near Bommanahalli - Begur Road.
- — Newest thread in » Webmaster Forum
- » Suppressing 5.18 "experimental" warnings without changing all my code?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » PERL Discussions