Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- 11 Ways To Increase Website Traffic
- Cherell Pollard
April 24, 2007, 2:20 am
rate this thread
11 High Powered Ways To Increase Your Website Traffic
1. Advertise with Google Adwords. Google Adwords is a program in which you
create advertisements and your ads will be displayed on other websites.
This will create targeted traffic to your website in minutes. Google
Adwords is one of the best programs to get mass exposure across the web very
2. Trade links with other web sites. They should be related to the subject
of your web site. Instead of trading links, you could also trade banner ads,
half page ads, classified ads, etc. If you trade links with websites that
already have a lot of traffic then ultimately will you also start getting
additional traffic. A good way to start trading links is to first add a link
on your website to their page and then contact the webmaster of that site to
see if they will add a link back to your site.
3. Start an e-zine for your web site. When people read each issue they'll be
reminded to revisit your web site. They'll see your product ad more than
just once which will increase your orders. Often it can take up to 9 times
for a consumer to view a product before deciding to buy.
4. Form an online community. It could be an online message board, e-mail
discussion list or chat room. When people get involved in your community
they will regularly return to communicate with others. Google offers a
free blogger account so that you can easily create an online community.
5. Write articles and submit them to e-zines, web sites and magazines that
accept article submissions. Include your business information and web
address at the end of the article. Articles are great because they generate
targeted traffic to your website.
6. Give away an electronic freebie with your ad on it. Allow your visitors
to also give the freebie away. This'll increase your ad exposure and
attract people to your web site at the same time. People love free
information such as e-books and free websites.
7. Combine your products or services into one big package deal with other
businesses offerings. You could share a web site and advertise the package
deal; which means double the traffic.
8. Submit your freebie to the online directories that list your particular
item or service for free. If you're offering a free e-zine, submit it to all
the free e-zine directories on the internet. You can easily find free
e-zine directories by doing a search on Google.
9. Participate on message boards. Post answers to other people's questions,
ask questions and post appropriate information. Include your signature file
at the end of all your postings.
10. Exchange classified or sponsor ads with other free e-zine publishers. If
there is a huge subscriber difference between e-zines, one can run more ads
to make up for it.
11. Post your ad on free advertising areas on the internet. You can post it
on free classified ad sites, free for all links sites, newsgroups that allow
ads, free yellow page directories, etc.
The most popular way to generate traffic quickly is by using Google Adwords
because you can start getting targeted visitors today.
Cherell Pollard is a Web Entrepreneur with over 9 years experience.