Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- where is SSH_MSG_KEXDH_INIT defined?
June 21, 2007, 3:24 pm
rate this thread
tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4253), RFC 4251 Protocol Architecture (http://
tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4251), RFC 4252 Authentication Protocol (http://
tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4252), RFC 4254 Connection Protocol (http://
tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4254), or RFC 4250 Protocol Assigned Numbers
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4250 ). Yet RFC 4253 uses it.
PuTTY defines it as 30, in SSH.c, but I'd still like to know where the
SSH2 specs, themselves, define it.
Re: where is SSH_MSG_KEXDH_INIT defined?
They don't. It accidentally got left out, I think that when it got
(correctly) removed from [SSH-NUMBERS], it was also mistakenly removed
from [SSH-TRANSPORT] as well.
Irritatingly, the erratum for this also seems to have an error, in that
it lists SSH_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY as being 3 when it's obviously 31. Time
for an erratum for the erratum, I suppose.
- » ExitOnForwardFailure, does it work after connection is established?
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum