Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Fabio Brazzo
December 1, 2010, 12:12 pm
rate this thread
There's a huge latency when I try to connect to our server (Ubuntu server
192.168.53.1) through SSH from a client PC (windows 7 + putty:
192.168.53.X) in a LAN. It takes like a minute for the password prompt to
show up. There's also a huge latency when I try to connect to the mySQL
database running on the same server. This server is also running SAMBA but
this is running very smooth.
Here you can find our network diagram: link text
Any help would be appreciated.
Re: what causes slow ssh connection and slow mysql connection on local server?
You have problems with DNS setup. This, and most of your other
questions, has nothing to do with ssh. Please, buy a book or two about
- » Access Denied when connecting to centos VPS via SSH
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » How to dynamically restrict SSH access to a given user
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum