Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Using Return Codes (PuTTY and AIX)
- Rand Reed
March 6, 2007, 1:59 pm
rate this thread
machine (batch job) using PuTTY (PLINK). ScriptA is a generic
script that passes some parameters to programB. We cannot run
programB directly (policy).
We've gotten a Windows batch job to log in with PLINK and start
scriptA, which runs programB. This works OK, but if there is a
problem we don't have any visibility into it. The most we have been
able to do is get a return of 0 that means scriptA was run.
We really need to know on the Windows machine if either scriptA or
programB on the AIX machine fails, so we can send an alert (custom
up window) to the Windows server support staff.
Does anyone here have experience in passing return codes from
back to calling scriptA in AIX?
Does anyone here have experience in passing the AIX scriptA/programB
return code(s) back to the original Windows batch job?
- Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers
March 6, 2007, 2:14 pm
- » Starting X11 program from program, back on the original machine
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » Problem with getting the moment when all reply packages to my command will be received (an...
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum