Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
September 9, 2004, 4:19 am
rate this thread
Autodir written to overcome some of pam_mkhomedir limitations
1) There are some applications which never need to authenticate users
But they need home dirs.
2) Some do use other ways to authenticate, bypassing pam all together.
3) Servers must be root so that pam can create home dirs. Otherwise
make /home similar in permissions to /tmp
And there are other interesting features supported by Autodir like
transparent backup for 24x7 online systems and many more.
Autodir uses autofs Linux kernel module to transparently create home dirs
And for more information check http://www.intraperson.com/autodir /
And here is Autodir-HOWTO
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum