Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- ssh session dies (no response from putty)
March 7, 2005, 8:59 am
rate this thread
I've got a strange problem in using putty 0.57. Ssh to my linux server
is fine. However, if I leave the connection open for a long period
(e.g. 5 hours) without using it, instead of disconnected by the server,
the ssh session (or putty itself) just hangs there without any
response. I've already selected the keep alive options (both tcp and
Also, the same problem occurs if I ssh from the ssh shell. For example,
after I logged in to my linux server. I ssh from my server to another
server. If I want to exit the second server, I entered "exit" or
"logout", which should then take me back to the original ssh connection
(to my server) and it should normally display "Connection to <server
name> closed.". But instead putty has no response (hanged) after I
issued "exit" or "logout".
Why would this happen and how to stop this from happening?
- » restricted scp file transfer without typing in password
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum