Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
February 21, 2004, 3:42 pm
rate this thread
I've a strange problem :
I wrote a script with this line in :
scp -B myuser@myhost:/source/dir/myfile.tar.gz /target/dir
(ssh_agent launched via keychain)
if i execute my script via the console, it works fine
but if i launch it via cron => i have an error message !!???
an idea which will help me to solve this problem ???
- all mail refused
February 21, 2004, 4:37 pm
Re: ssh&scp batch
0. Is this an error message that you think we already know
or that you don't like to quote ?
1. Do you mean ssh-agent when you have ssh_agent ?
2. Stuff that fails when called by cron but works from elsewhere
has normally failed for lack of some environment setting.
Compare "env" output from the two places. Getting the cron
job to source your .profile is a common solution.
3. In this case I suspect the stuff derived from ssh-agent is missing:
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-vOdx6785/agent.6785; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK;
SSH_AGENT_PID=6786; export SSH_AGENT_PID;
Elvis Notargiacomo master AT barefaced DOT cheek
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum