Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
December 5, 2008, 5:02 pm
rate this thread
sent me an ssh public key to install on my windows server.
The key that he generated has on top subject/comment and ---- BEGIN
SSH2 ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY ----.
I usually recieve keys that have just the key.
Do I install this as is with the subject/comment and ---- BEGIN SSH2
ENCRYPTED PRIVATE KEY ----.?
Also, in Unix solaris the ID usually is listed at the end of the key
and his key it doesn't appear anywhere except on the subject field.
Re: SSH QUESTION
In addition to other posts, I'll note the blindingly obvious: you were
expecting to be sent a public key (which is usual for an SSH server
administrator) but it appears that you have been given the keypair
including the private key, which I'd expect your client to have kept
- » Re: Q: Digital certificate inventory within network?
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » pscp from windows to fedora - server refused our key
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum