Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- ssh over X11 error
August 22, 2006, 5:44 pm
rate this thread
1) I've got a fedora 4 box running openssh .
2) I can run the xclock program just fine from another linux box to the
fedora box using both ssh -X and the unix version of putty with X11
3) I cannot run xclock from any windows machine on our network with a
remote ssh session going from windows into fedora via putty and X11
forwarding enabled. The login goes fine and I can run any shell
command, but when running any X program shuch as xclock it gives me:
X connection to x.x.x.x:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)
Turning logging on via the putty / windows session , I just see
MIT-magic-cookie being exchanged and the and the '10.0 broken' error .
I believe that the windows machine local firewall is disabled.
Any ideas ?
- » protocol question - issue with exit-status inside unfinished data stream?
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum