Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Michael Selvesteen
September 3, 2004, 6:51 am
rate this thread
Here goes our problem,
OpenSSH version : 3.8.1 P1
Platform : HP-UX 11.11 PA
Allowed Authentication : Public key & Password.
Server runs with 'usePrivilegeseperation no' option.
The problem here is when an user login thru password authentication
after when the public key authentication failed, lastb command reports
the failure of an user login but who had succesfully logged.
root ssh:notty Fri Sep 3 10:01
root ssh:notty Fri Sep 3 10:01 ( wrong entries of user who had
Any idea to avoid this.
Thanks for help
Re: ssh login record problem
Are you using PAM? If so, try putting "PermitEmptyPasswords no" in
sshd_config and restarting sshd.
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4 37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
usually comes from bad judgement.
- » plink intialized from my app dosnt seem to work...
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » Private key not found or used when starting psftp (putty sftp) client connection
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum