Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
December 7, 2006, 9:06 am
rate this thread
I need a passwordless login when I connect to our Debia Etch server.
Theoretically I know
how to proceed but something is wrong.
- client: Windows XP
puTTY release 0.58
- server: Linux etch.mydomain 2.6.16-2-686 #1 Fri Aug 18 19:01:49 UTC
2006 i686 GNU/Linux
OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-3, OpenSSL 0.9.8c 05 Sep 2006
The steps what I followed:
1. generate the key pair (SSH-2 RSA)
2. I put a comment
3. I saved the keys (my_id_rsa.ppk, my_id_rsa.pub)
4. I copied the pub key using pscp to the Linux server
5. I issued the 'ssh-keyscan my_id_rsa.pub' command
The serult was:
getaddrinfo my_id_rsa.pub: Name or service not
What I made wrong?
- » Is the fingerprint existing with no public/private key file ?
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum