Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- ssh-agent and text console
- Torsten Bronger
December 6, 2004, 7:33 pm
rate this thread
I use ssh-agent sucessfully with X. However, it is ignored by the
text consoles (as far as I understand it, because ssh-agent is a
parent process only for X processes).
It didn't help to say
set | grep SSH > ~/.ssh/environment
in an X terminal. What can I do to make the ssh-agent fully
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus
Re: ssh-agent and text console
You need to import the running agent's config into each shell that wants
to use it.
You can write your own scripts to do this, but you're probably better off
using something like Keychain that does this automatically.
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4 37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
usually comes from bad judgement.
- » warning: Need basic cursor movement capability, using vt100
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum