Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- ssh across socks + remote firewall
January 31, 2004, 11:04 pm
rate this thread
Re: ssh across socks + remote firewall
Go grab a copy of "connect" and install it on mybox and
On "mybox" create a ~/.ssh/config something like the following (I'm
assuming your socks server is really port 1080, if not, adjust to suit).
ProxyCommand /path/to/connect -S my.com.socks:1080 remote.public.ip 22
ProxyCommand ssh remote.public /path/to/connect remote.private.ip 22
Now just "ssh remote.private" and in theory it should just work (you may
want to set up public-key authentication so you don't need to type 2
Note that you will be double-encrypting the traffic, so it's not super
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4 37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
usually comes from bad judgement.
- » Trouble with OpenSSH 3.4p1 - Can't connect with an RSA key pair
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum