Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Simple SSH and newkeys question
- Jeffrey Spoon
May 23, 2006, 4:04 pm
rate this thread
- Richard E. Silverman
May 23, 2006, 10:52 pm
Re: Simple SSH and newkeys question
JS> Hello, is the newkeys client command always part of an SSH key
JS> exchange, or does this only happen when new keys are being
JS> generated (i.e. the client explicitly changes/moves the keys
It is neither. It is used by both side after the key exchange has
occured, in order to indicate that compression (if any) and cryptographic
protection of the data stream is about to start, using the symmetric keys
negotiated in the kex exchange.
- » Question regarding using RSH protocol (not binary) over SSH
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum