Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- shell prompt display problem with ssh
May 5, 2005, 2:54 pm
rate this thread
I searched newsgroups but can't seem to find a solution for this problem.
I am connecting toa Linux web server using ssh2 (with QVT/Term).
Problem is with the shell not prompting on the next line and not being able
to see what I'm typing
(the following sequence was: <return>, <return>, <return>, pwd):
-sh-2.05b$ -sh-2.05b$ -sh-2.05b$ /home/httpd/
Re: shell prompt display problem with ssh
One cause could be that the server hasn't allocated a pseudo-terminal
(pty) -- either because the client didn't ask it to, or because it is
unable or unwilling to. This can happen on some systems which have a
limited number of ptys, all of which are in use at the time, for
- » Authentication method changed from OpenSSH_3.4p1 to OpenSSH_3.8.1p1?
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum