Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- sftp with pub key aythentication
July 2, 2007, 11:19 pm
rate this thread
Re: sftp with pub key aythentication
here are the answers :
Let imagine you want to connect for server A to B with user toto.
1) on your server you're trying to connect to, you will need to create
the user "toto".
in its home dir, you'll have to create a dir named ".ssh"
In there, you put the public key in a file called "authorized_keys", and
chmod 600 it.
2) on you client A, you will connect with the user "toto" while you're
logged with the user "me".
in the home dir of user "me", go into ".ssh" and copy the private key of
"toto" in file "id_rsa" or "identity". chmod 400 it.
3) enjoy :)
me@A ~# sftp toto@B
- » 16th USENIX Security Symposium Registration Now Open
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum