Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- SFTP Error during ASCII transfers.
August 14, 2007, 4:48 pm
rate this thread
I'm hoping someone can help with this as it is driving me crazy. I am
trying to sftp a file from an OpenVMS box using SSH secure File
transfer program. The file type is .lis (a text file) and I use ASCII
to perform transfers. I can transfer files under 1MB with no problem,
but anything bigger than that and the transfer stops and I get an
"File transfer server could not be started or it exited unexpectedly.
Exit value 0 was returned. Most likely the sftp-server is not in the
path of hte user on the server-side."
If I use binary mode, the transfer completes successfully, but the
file formatting gets screwed up so this is unacceptable. I'm sorry
if I left out any pertinent information but I am not very good at VMS/
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- » Public key auth from Unix client to Windows SSH server
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » Secure VPN Gateway now installs on all Linux distros.
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum