Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- SCP only user? (untrusted user, my mother)
August 16, 2007, 4:06 pm
rate this thread
server. Then I build a nice HTML index of pictures and thumnbnails
Here's the problem: I am very concerned that her password would become
compromised. She uses an operating system called "Microsoft Windows
ME" and frequently gets infected by viruses.
So, I would like to severely limit her account privileges so that
hackers who steal her SSH passwords cannot crack my server. I want to
allow her to upload pictures, under her public_html, but no more (ie
no shell use, etc).
What is the "right" approach here?
- » OpenSSH: SSH2 sshd - Increase key size from 2048 to 8192 bits (Cygwin)
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum