Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Re: sftp - Setting up Public Authentication
- Travis Spencer
September 25, 2004, 6:00 pm
rate this thread
Re: sftp - Setting up Public Authentication
If you want it to always fail rather than prompting for a password, try:
$ sftp -o PreferredAuthentications=publickey [...]
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4 37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
usually comes from bad judgement.
- » "Unable to authenticate using any of the configured authentication methods?" to Debian
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » openSSH vs. ssh.com (was: X11 forwarding problems)
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum