Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
November 11, 2008, 5:19 pm
rate this thread
I am connecting to my ssh server using Putty, and I would like to send
a banner message with a box drawn using UTF-8 in the range U+2500 to U
+25FF (such as=B1 etc... ). It turns out that putty converts any
characters from that range in this character U+2592 =91 (e2 96 92
Thanks in advance
Re: Putty UTF-8 support from the beginning of authentication
Have you tried to change in putty configuration (window-> translation)
to receive the data in UTF-8?
If so, I don't know the reason why putty is not showing you the
correct characters. I will check too if putty doesn't show me that
Does somebody know why might this happen?
- » Re: Having trouble using public key authentication
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh to remote computer with only a local ip address, and no access to the router?
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum