Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- PuTTY pscp.exe and Square Brackets - [ & ]
August 28, 2006, 3:31 am
rate this thread
when a directory with square brackets is involved, eg, [root]
I've tried many of the usual things like adding single quotes or
backslashes before the square brackets, or enclosing the whole
directory name in double-quotes.
Does anyone else have any ideas or are familiar with this problem?
Re: PuTTY pscp.exe and Square Brackets - [ & ]
There is a bug in all releases to date (up to and including 0.58) with
the parsing of IPv6 literal addresses (which use square brackets) in the
PSCP command line, which can cause this sort of trouble.
It's fixed in the current development snapshots (>= r6511).
(If PSCP falls back to the SCP protocol, as opposed to SFTP, you may
also have fun with server-side parsing of these characters.)
- » Leaving the country and chaning my email, yes this is an odd crosspost
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum