Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Putty and Proxy Authentication Issue
- Tom Wynne
June 8, 2004, 10:30 am
rate this thread
believe to be an HTTP proxy server to OpenSSH server running at home.
I've configured and tested the OpenSSH side of things from outside the
corporate network and all is working fine. I've configured OpenSSH
listening on Port 80 and configured my firewall as appropriate.
Unfortunately, when I configure Putty to use http proxy, port 80, and
enter my corporate user profile/password I keep getting the message
'Proxy Authentication required'. I've tried just about every format I
can think of, and I know I'm using the correct details as they're the
same as logging into an internal workstation.
Does anyone know if Putty has any special format requirements for the
username field? In most cases when our proxy requests authentication, I
use the format:
But this doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone shed any light??
- » ssh_keysign: no installed: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. Could som...
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum