Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Simon Tatham
July 25, 2015, 11:08 am
rate this thread
All the pre-built binaries, and the source code, are now available
from the PuTTY website at
0.65 is a bug-fix release, with no significant new features over 0.64.
(In particular, the new cryptographic algorithms we are testing in the
development snapshots - elliptic curves, ChaCha20 etc - are *not* in
Notable bugs fixed in this release:
- The configuration dialog box became invisible in some Windows Vista
display themes, as a side effect of a Windows security update which
Microsoft released on 2015-06-09. In spite of the Windows update
having triggered it, this was our bug, and it is now fixed.
- The Windows PuTTY GUI could become unresponsive if the server sent
a high-volume flood of data, because PuTTY would prioritise the
incoming network events too highly and forget to ever check for GUI
input. This bug was fixed once before, but reappered in 0.64; it is
now fixed again.
- PSFTP now exits with a failure status when a command fails in a
- Fixed some (non-security-critical) crashes in corner cases of SSH:
when a connection-sharing downstream disconnects while the upstream
is still doing authentication, and when a server sends a badly
formatted key exchange packet.
- PuTTY could sometimes reply to the terminal query code ESC [ 13 t
(to report the current window position) with an invalid escape
sequence containing a minus sign.
Despite this mostly being a bug-fix release, there are a couple of
minor new features:
- The PuTTY Event Log now logs the source of incoming connections to
local (and dynamic) forwarded ports, and in connection sharing mode
it also logs the process id of downstreams connecting to it.
- A performance improvement: when the Unix version of PuTTY is
compiled for a 64-bit target using gcc or clang, the large-number
cryptography (RSA, DSA) should now run at least twice as fast,
because it processes numbers in 64-bit rather than 32-bit chunks.
Enjoy using PuTTY!
import hashlib; print (lambda p,q,g,y,r,s,m: m if (lambda w:(pow(g,int(hashlib.
sha1(m).hexdigest(),16)*w%q,p)*pow(y,r*w%q,p)%p)%q)(pow(s,q-2,q))==r else "!"
)(0xb80b5dacabab6145, 0xf70027d345023, 0x7643bc4018957897, 0x11c2e5d9951130c9,
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum