Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
June 1, 2004, 11:21 pm
rate this thread
screen size: 43 rows x 120 cols
OS: WinXP SP1
LEAF (minimalist Linux-based firewall box)
OS: Linux 2.4.20
SSH server: OpenSSH - 3.7.1p2
- log into Host
- execute: clear
- invoke putty's 'clear scrollback'
- execute: cat /etc/shorewall/rules
- file is approx 16,000 bytes
- using scrollback, go to top of scrollback 'history'
- highlight approx first 50% of file (+/- 8,000 bytes worth)
- this is approx 15 'screens worth' (based on the 43 lines/screen)
- upon releasing the mouse button (which could cause the
copy-to-clipboard to take effect) I get a msgbox:
title="PuTTY Fatal Error"
contents="Out of memory!"
Curiously, if I instead invoke putty's "Copy all to clipboard" this
Just bringing this to the attention of the putty team.
Thanks for putty - it is a sweet, well-designed tool!
BTW, if further info is required could a reply please be made to
Please adjust the email addy, above, so as to remove the single letter
'zed' and replace it with the letter 'ess'.
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum