Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- problem witth tty buffer and putty 0.54
May 12, 2004, 11:30 am
rate this thread
here is my problem.
I compiled putty ssh client on a Solaris 8 server.
once done, I try to connect with plink to another solaris 8 server
that runs F-Secure ssh 2.3.1
The connection works,except that is seems that there is a buffer issue
with my terminal.
it seems like plink put a 4 chars buffer.
For instance, once connected on the remote server, with the prompt, I
have to type 4 times a letter to actually see it on the screen.
I checked the tty configuration, and it seems normal.
So if anyone has any idea, or solution!!
Thank u in advance.
Re: problem witth tty buffer and putty 0.54
I had a similar problem reported with OpenSSH on Solaris (not sure what
version, but it had the 12/03 patch cluster). The reporter was able to
resolve it by commenting out the setsockopt([...], TCP_NODELAY, [...])
(ie disabling the Nagle algorithm on the socket). I suspect the root
cause is a Solaris bug somewhere, but I never found proof.
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4 37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
usually comes from bad judgement.
- » OpenSSH on Solaris ignores locale environment from /etc/default/init?
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » Is open SSH sFTP available for the Mainframe (zOS) how about AS/400 (os400)?
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum