Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
January 2, 2004, 11:51 pm
rate this thread
I set OpenSSH/cygwin up (twice actually, due to an unexpected
electromagnetisation of my HDD
on my Windows XP pc in order to use sftp. It's been going nicely for some
time now. However, when I use a proper secure shell, there are several
- I can't use tab, arrow keys, or backspace - these send the character
code to the shell, as opposed to an actual backspace.
- I can't use psudo-GUI programs, such as the lynx/links web browsers
- You need three things for a list.
Is this a problem that I can sort, or is it a problem with the demon itself?
I'm not a developer; I can't fix this problem at the source level. Is there
a patch / fix / config workaround?
I have XP pro version 5.01.2600, OpenSSH for Windows v3.5p1-3, and have
tried using PuTTY (latest release and latest beta release) and the ssh
client that comes with OpenSSH. The Backspace works with the ssh
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com ).
Version: 6.0.557 / Virus Database: 349 - Release Date: 30/12/2003
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum