Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Scott Packard
October 3, 2003, 7:42 pm
rate this thread
I'm using ksh on both ends, and personally I am going from a Solaris 9
to Solaris 8 host but that won't matter.
find patchdiag -print | cpio -oc | ssh sproot@cad-a "(cd /usr/local; cpio
The tricky things to getting this right are:
- shell escaping done on both ends
- network cpio, which isn't covered at all in Sun's cpio(1) manpage.
- Grouping the change directory with the restore.
I actually wrote a helpful hint to myself of this in '97 after it
took me several hours to work out. Some of the command syntax changed
since then so I was updating the page today. I figured I'd put it
out on Usenet for Google archiving.
I suppose one could add the -C option to the ssh command to turn
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum