Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- low bandwith usage via sftp
- Robert Schmidt
October 17, 2006, 7:21 pm
rate this thread
I am wondering why sftp is much slower than scp on the same endpoints.
I use the sftp-server from the openssh Server and on clientside I use
konqueror or sftp in Terminal. The two machines are connectet via 100
MBit/s Twisted Pair Ethernet cable. With scp I reach a capacity of app.
10 MByte/s, while sftp only reaches 2 MByte/s.
Any suggestions to speed up sftp?
Thanks in advance
- » Scp keys: problems copying from remote host to remote host
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » protocol question - issue with exit-status inside unfinished data stream?
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum