Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Limit to Match Address Line?
- William Unruh
December 25, 2014, 7:44 pm
rate this thread
to the number of addresses or characters in a Match Address line in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config? There is a limit to the line length in a
hosts.allow line. (Otherwise tcpwrappers goes into an eternal loop-a bug
Venema refused to fix). Is there any limit to the Match Address line?
(I have an automated system which looks for too many invalid logins and
adds an entry to the files to disallow ssh.)
Re: Limit to Match Address Line?
It seems that there IS a maximum, somewhere around 5000 characters in
the line. If One has a longer set of addresses than that, sshd does not
start, and instead gives a "configuration line too long" error message
in the logs. At least it does not crash like tcpwrapper does, it
prevents sshd from starting at all, which might be worse.
- » ssh hang well before authentication (wireless ISP)
- — Previous thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum