Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Fastest SSH encryption cipher?????
September 12, 2007, 6:19 pm
rate this thread
aware that SSH encryption is the bottleneck to transferring large
files quickly. The CPU does not keep up with data transfer rate.
I would like to know if there is a "lite" cypher that I could choose
that would be considerably faster. I tried 3des, blowfish and AES-128.
Security does not matter as much in this application, this is a home
LAN. I mean, I do want secure authentication, but I do not care if the
data traffic can be deciphered somewhat more easily than "strong
crypto" can make it.
- » 'ssh node "ls -lR"': consumes all memory on the client!
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum