Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Andreas Haupt
September 23, 2005, 1:11 pm
rate this thread
there is a change in the behaviour of the X11 forwarding between versions
4.1 and 4.2. With 4.2 the following construct does not work any more:
[fuchur] ~ % ssh -f fuchur 'xterm &'
[fuchur] ~ % xterm Xt error: Can't open display: localhost:10.0
I know this example is a bit stupid. But the problem really shows up at
the following example:
[fuchur] ~ % ssh -f fuchur $script
where $script looks like this:
Very often you cannot simply modify $script and therefor have to login and
start a shell before being able to launch $script.
I think this is related to the following entry in Changelog:
- OpenBSD CVS Sync
- (djm) [auth-pam.c sftp.c] spaces vs. tabs at start of line
- firstname.lastname@example.org 2005/07/17 06:49:04
[channels.c channels.h session.c session.h]
Fix a number of X11 forwarding channel leaks:
1. Refuse multiple X11 forwarding requests on the same session
2. Clean up all listeners after a single_connection X11 forward, not
the one that made the single connection
3. Destroy X11 listeners when the session owning them goes away
testing and ok dtucker@
Should it be considered as a bug?
| Andreas Haupt | E-Mail: email@example.com
| DESY Zeuthen | WWW: http://www.desy.de/~ahaupt
| Platanenallee 6 | Phone: +49/33762/7-7359
| D-15738 Zeuthen | Fax: +49/33762/7-7216
Re: Change in X11 forwarding behaviour with OpenSSH 4.2p1
There's a patch attached to the bug which should fix it; please test and
(this is important) report your findings. One-off tests are OK, thorough
tests (eg "we used it on our dev boxes for N days/weeks") are better.
Often patches do not get applied due to insufficient testing (or lack
of reports, which is indistiguishable from the developers' point of view).
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4 37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69
Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
usually comes from bad judgement.
- » French documentation about openssh login with public keys generated by Putty
- — Next thread in » Secure Shell Forum
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — Newest thread in » Secure Shell Forum