Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- ZoneAlarm version 6.5 WARNING
- Bruce A. Johnson
June 15, 2006, 10:56 pm
rate this thread
(Blue Screen of Death) after Check Disk. I have also observed this on two
other computers other than mine.
NOTE: Version 6.5.714.000, released today (June 15, 2006), DOES NOT
resolve this problem, and the other problems I describe below.
Even the ZoneAlarm Free 6.5 (firewall only), causes the BSOD after Check
*** STOP: 0x00000071 (0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)
After this BSOD, the only option that works is to boot with "Last Known
Other problems I have noticed caused by ZA 6.5:
1) Eudora fast search indexing interfered with (X1 search).
2) During shutdown of Windows, ZA does not shut down properly, and
continues to write to the Windows Registry while the computer is shutting
Until Zone Labs have solved these problems, I recommend that everyone
uninstall version 6.5, and install the last known good version,
- Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- -- Mark Twain
- Bruce A. Johnson in Hardisty, Alberta, Canada
- http://BruceJohnson.ca /
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com