Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
October 28, 2007, 2:21 pm
rate this thread
saying To join this network, select the location that has the security
settings you want to use. Then it shows a Local IP: number and asks
What location do you want to use? Away Home Office Custom
Settings. The only option it gives me is OK.
Meanwhile, I'm already connected wirelessly to my default wireless
connection. Also, I'm on cable (Comcast).
1. Why am I being told a new network is detected when I already have
2. The Local IP# is different from the one I had or still have (?),
and I don't know if I'm supposed to be switching to a new location.
3. If I am supposed to be joining this new network, I guess I should
select Home, since this is my home desktop but I don't know for sure.
- » unknown outgoing tcp traffic - should I be worried?
- — Next thread in » Computer Software Security