Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Index.btr file in Windows XP Help please
January 20, 2006, 5:56 pm
rate this thread
Re: Index.btr file in Windows XP Help please
Physically, the CIM resides in the
%SystemRoot%\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\ directory and consists of the
following four files:
* index.btr. Binary-tree (btree) index file.
* index.map. Transaction control file.
* objects.data. CIM repository where managed resource definitions
* objects.map. Transaction control file.
Note In Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 4,
the CIM is stored in %SystemRoot%\system32\wbem\Respository\cim.rep. In
Windows Millennium Edition (Me), Windows 98, and Windows 95 OSR 2.5
operating systems, the CIM is stored in
Although the CIM is based on object-oriented design principles, you need
not become an expert in information modeling or schema design to be
productive using WMI and writing WMI-based scripts. What is important is
that you understand the basic structure and organization of the CIM, and
how to navigate and interpret its contents.
Explaination what a binary tree is and how it works While it is
addressing binary treees in general it applies to your querry:
Hope this helps,
- » I zap Google cookies but it tracks me by IP - what else?
- — Next thread in » Computer Software Security