Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- IBM usb fingerprint reader
August 24, 2005, 8:33 pm
rate this thread
Re: IBM usb fingerprint reader
I would not rely on the reader for anything more than casual security.
I had a Gateway and an IBM laptop that my daughter can access easier
than I. Shrugs other folkses mileage may vary. My issue issue may
relate to the number of prints you record. It probably would be more
secure if one only had one print recorded. I have issues however
accessing after I have recorded the print. I have had difficulties if
the finger isn't oriented just right, typically takes me 3 or 4 tries
before I get in. My daughter on the other hand can typically get in
first try on my print...go figure.
- » Can/do PC power saving features effectively turn off ZA and MNW ?
- — Next thread in » Computer Software Security
- » Microsoft AntiTrust case in Sout Korea begins...
- — Previous thread in » Computer Software Security