Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Traffic Exchanges
- Crash Override
January 20, 2006, 5:53 am
rate this thread
What effect, if any, can I expect if I use so-called "Traffic Exchanges" to
build traffic at my website?
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Re: Traffic Exchanges
It is always best to pick and choose linking partners. Generally these type
of gimmicks are of little use in SEO, but in all fairness I guess a good
answer to your question would be that "Traffic Exchanges" could cause either
a positive or a negative effect.
So really, you are rolling the dices in this game but unless you can fully
control who links to what, then chances are the dice toss will not be
Positive effect can occur when :
- most of the linking sites are of relevant content
- some of the above have high Google PageRank values
Negative effect can occur when :
- most of the linking sites are of irrelevant content
- some of the above have been banned from the results pages
- some of the above sites are link farms or worse