Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Dan Uneken
July 31, 2003, 11:09 am
rate this thread
of spain". It says so at the top of the results. But search results
are dramatically different when I search for "pictures spain". In
other words, the "of" is NOT discarded in the search.
I'm monitoring the performance of http://spain.picturecontact.com
Searching for "pictures of spain" it scores #8, searching for
"pictures spain" it scores #34.
Anyone throw any light on this? Should we use "of" and "by" and "for"
and "in" etc?
- rfgdxm/Robert F. Golaszewski
July 31, 2003, 3:26 pm
Re: "of" discarded by Google search but search results dramatically different
Proximity. Google ignores the "of", but still notes that pictures and
Spain are not adjacent words, and this influences the SERPs.
For information about the psychedelic drug DXM, including dangers.
- » A1 The best of all Central Illinois Shopping and information with this one link!
- — Next thread in » Search Engines
- » Off Topic-Selling domains....any good places to do this?
- — Previous thread in » Search Engines