Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- High Rankings with Consistency
May 31, 2005, 1:29 pm
rate this thread
A web site that I optimized has a rather high rankings on Yahoo for a
set of keywords or phrases. However, when it comes to Google and MSN,
the rankings are kinda unpredicable. I am aware that different search
engines use different algorithms to rank web sites. Is there anything
that I could do to achieve a more consistent higher rankings across all
major search engines?
Thanks in advance!
Re: High Rankings with Consistency
Here is general info since you didn't post a URL.
1. Get more links with the text that is linked out(anchor text) with your
keywords. If the page that the links are on are related to your site this
makes it more relevant. Get your links gradually not 100 million at once!
2. Make sure to use good titles with your keywords/phrases
3. Make sure your description is the same or close to the titles with
keywords/phrases but not to long so the SE's will use it for a snippet.
4. Make sure to have headings with these phrases flowing through your page.
5. Make sure your link text(anchor text) on your pages are correlating to
the keyphrases etc.
6. Make sure to have alt text in your images and have them linked out as
this is indexed. Thumbnails leading to a larger picture work great for this.
7. Make sure your body text has the keywords/phrases flowing in it.
- » ssh on command line: force using a group size (prime size) of 1024 (and no...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Secure Shell Forum